Boobies are great, aren’t they? With October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, that means it’s time to save the boobies! How can you help?
Well, commercialism makes it easy. Most of your favorite brands also support the boobies so that means, if you purchase products in October with a pink ribbon, you’re supporting breast cancer research. And that’s a really good thing.
In 2014, it’s estimated that 232,670 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed among US women. Approximately 40,000 US women are expected to die from breast cancer this year (komen.org). That’s a big number. The odds are you know someone who battled breast cancer, or you know someone who has had a scare.
So ladies, be sure to keep on top of your breast health. Know what to look for and if you’re not sure, ask your doctor. And to help support your boobies, your friends boobies, and your neighbors boobies, swing by CouponCactus.com and see which of your favorite stores are waving their pink flag.
They run; they fall. They play; they get dirty. It rains; they get muddy. Between all the good times, the scraped knees, the grass stains, the food stains, the rips, the tears, and the growth spurts—how can you get your kids’ clothes to last a bit longer and save you some money?
- Growth spurts. Some pieces of clothing come with adjustable straps, elastic waistbands, and other ways to make them bigger or smaller. Being able to adjust the size of the clothing can certainly help you hang on to them a little bit longer.
- Mud, sweat and tears. Your little explorer is going to play and get dirty. So for those play clothes, try to get more for less, so you’re covered. Consider stretchy pants instead of jeans for her. Shop tee sales for him.
- Preserve. Wash clothes in cold water to help them last longer. Wash them inside out and let them air/line dry.
- Patches. Hole in the otherwise-okay jeans? There are tons of fun patches! So patch them up and keep them going.
- Stains. If your child (or even you for that matter) has a habit of spilling, try buying dark colors to hide those stains and get more wear out of the clothes.
And as always, make sure you’re shopping the sales and earning cash back at Coupon Cactus!